Goodyear is Geared for Growth
Goodyear has a rich and vibrant history. What was once a small town on the western outskirts of the Valley is now rising star in Metro Phoenix. The city’s workforce, location, abundant land, and low cost environment combine to create strategic opportunities for business.
Goodyear has grown from about 10,000 residents a little more than 10 years ago to more than 77,000 today, making Goodyear one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. The rapid growth is projected to continue and the city should hit 100,000 residents by the year 2020.
Brand names such as AeroTurbine, Lockheed-Martin, Lufthansa Airline, CornellCookson, Scholler Allibert, Sub-Zero Inc., Banner Health, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Amazon.com, Macy's-Bloomingdales, Dick's Sporting Goods and more have all made deliberate decisions to locate major operations in Goodyear.
The city is poised as an economic engine of opportunity. Goodyear continues to grow and along with it, so too grows the sense of pride and excitement in the city. The heart of this optimism comes from city residents, who have elected council members and a mayor focused on the growth of Goodyear. A key pillar of the city’s Goodyear’s Strategic Action Plan is “Economic Vitality.” Accordingly, city leadership assembled a Technical Advisory Committee comprised of private and public stakeholders and solicited input from city staff and elected officials. Members of this group shared a vision and commitment to Goodyear.
The committee met regularly to discuss the future of Goodyear. Along with independent research to assess Goodyear’s strengths to sustain economic development and capitalize on opportunities, the committee’s efforts culminated in an Economic Development Action Plan, appropriately named, “Focus on Success.” These actions ensure that Goodyear is in the best possible position to continue on a path that will attract people and businesses to choose it as their city in which to live and work.
Conditions for growth
It is not an accident that Goodyear is seeing rapid growth. The key foundational items are in place that make Goodyear Geared for Growth. All of these elements have positioned the city to enjoy many years of growth ahead.
Goodyear meets business needs with:
- The most educated workforce in the West Valley for a city of its class in addition to operating in the #2 workforce market in the country, Metro Phoenix.
- 5,000 acres of strategically located land for industrial or office use, including shovel ready sites in master-planned business parks, business have options for success.
- The city is also advantageously located near airports, freeways and rail, giving companies access to national and international markets.
- Goodyear has the energy resources to propel business to success with bulk power stations, multiple substations, and telecom infrastructure, including the National Fiber Network.
- Additionally, the city offers attractive incentives for business to reduce costs, including major property tax savings with qualifying programs such as Foreign Trade, Military Reuse and Redevelopment Zones.
- Goodyear provides a high quality of life with its master-planned communities, excellent schools and health care, trail systems and entertainment options that make it a great place to live.
- Goodyear was recently ranked by the U.S. Census Bureau as being among the fastest growing cities in the country.
- Goodyear is ranked (#7) by 24/7 Wallstreet as one of the best cities in which to live.
- A recent NerdWallet study ranked Goodyear (#3) as one of the best cities in the nation for veterans. The study based its selection criteria on the level of economic opportunity for veterans.
- Goodyear is appearing in top 10 lists of Metro Phoenix communities for its quality of life and economic opportunities. Movoto recently ranked Goodyear in its top 10 for "Best Places Near Phoenix for Young Professionals" (#5) and "Best Phoenix Suburbs for Young Couples" (#10).
- In the most recent Citizen Satisfaction Survey 93% of residents surveyed rated Goodyear as an excellent-good place to live and 4 in 5 residents would recommend and remain in Goodyear.
- The city's population in 2000 was just over 18,000. Today it is a community of more than 78,000.
This along with Goodyear aggressively pursuing growth strategies will over time result in an even more effervescent community that will benefit Goodyear’s residents and businesses, the Metro region, and Arizona as a whole. There has never been a better time to be a part of this great city. Come and see why Goodyear is Geared for Growth.
Download our Goodyear is Geared for Growth Packet